All children develop differently and so our classes cater for complete beginners through to confident riders. We believe that balance bikes are a great tool which allow young children to ride and coast before transitioning to a pedal bike with no need for stabilisers – at CYCLEme TOTS we offer the classes for children on every step of that cycling journey.
We currently run our classes a the following venues throughout the week:
- Maidstone - Cheeky Dino Childrens Play Centre, St Peter Street, Maidstone, ME16 0ST
- Kings Hill - David Lloyd Club, 21 Kings Hill Ave, Kings Hill, West Malling, ME19 4UA
- Gravesend - The Cyclopark, The Tollgate, Watling St, Gravesend, DA11 7NP
- Detling Village - Detling Village Hall, Pilgrims Way, Detling, ME14 3EY
- Sevenoaks - Sevenoaks Leisure Centre, Buckhurst Lane, Sevenoaks, TN13 1LW
- East Malling - The East Malling Centre, Chapman Way, East Malling, ME19 6SD
- Tonbridge - Tonbridge School Centre, London Road, Tonbridge, TN10 3AD
- Meopham - The Meopham Fitness And Tennis Centre, Wrotham Road, Gravesend, DA13 0AH
To book onto a FREE Trial at any of our venues please click HERE
For Children aged 2 years – 3 ½ Years (or Beginners)
(Parent Participation advised. Parent/carers are required to stay with children for the session)
These classes offer a fun and engaging introduction to balance bikes in a pressure-free environment where children have the opportunity to develop new skills at their own pace. These skills include handling the bike without assistance, control whilst walking with the bike (seated/standing) and manoeuvring the bikes through various obstacles.
For Children aged 3 ½ years – 5 Years
(Parent Participation not required. Parent/carers are required to stay with children for the session)
As skill level increases we continue to challenge the riders by introducing more complex movements aimed at enhancing the core skills required to ride a bike, balance and co-ordination. Around 5 years or once fully competent on the balance bikes, we are able to introduce children to a larger balance bike with the capability to attach a pedal kit – this means that children can seamlessly transition to riding a pedal bike with no need for stabilisers or training wheels.